Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ is seeking Production Technicians to join our team at the St. Joseph, IL commercial corn production facility. At our St. Joseph facility, we value teamwork and safety. Our team is like a family and whoever joins us can be sure that they will be welcomed into a group of individuals who work together, are fair and equitable, and support each other! We are in a fantastic location, within 10 minutes of a university town and within commutable distance of urban metropolises, while also offering the charm and benefits of a small-town atmosphere.
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes strong wages ($19-21/hr. depending on qualifications, education, and experience), a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more! We welcome candidates who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
In the role as a Production Technician, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for leading a team of people in setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Harvest activities such as preparation, receiving, unloading, sampling, sorting, shelling etc.
• Plant operation activities such as pre-cleaning, conditioning, sizing, treating, packaging, palletizing, etc.
• Return activities
• Field management activities such as field maintenance
• Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
• Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects
• Various other duties as assigned by supervisor, etc.
The following are required:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Two years of on-the-job related experience
• Must possess a valid driver's license and may be required to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) in the future
• Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
• Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
• Willing and able to complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
• Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
• Willingness and ability to work day and night shifts on our rotation schedule
The following are preferred:
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work are a plus
• Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations desired
• Knowledge of field equipment desired
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Teamwork skills
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.