favorite this postemployed, reliable and quiet couple looking for a room / home to rent (Champaign)hide this posting
cats are OK - purrr dogs are OK - wooof
QR Code Link to This Post
Hello! My girlfriend and I are looking for a room / part of a home to rent. Preferably within 5 - 7 miles of downtown Champaign - but a bit further isn't a deal breaker. Urbana would be probably be okay as well, whether on campus or otherwise.
We're starting the search early, but we'd be looking to move in around late July of 2019.
I know there's a lot of considerations when renting to people, so here's a few things about us up front:
- We are both full-time professionals and part-time students working in Champaign.
- We are quiet and keep to ourselves for the most part.
- We are non-smokers.
- The only "partying" we do is having a few drinks every once in a while when cooking.
- We have two dogs. They are quiet, medium sized dogs (about 45 pounds each), well trained, and not destructive at all.
- We also have two cats. They're recluses.
- We have no criminal record or weird baggage you should know about.
- I can guarantee you that money and prompt payments will never be an issue.
- We are clean. Not neat freaks, but we take care of our belongings and living space.
Basically, we're just a normal, hard working couple that are looking to cut our living expenses significantly for a bit. With that in mind, any kind of advantages in terms of utilities (all inclusive, especially), washer and dryer, etc are even better.
As far as essentials for us:
- We do need access to a decent kitchen where we can cook. We wouldn't be able to rent without that.
- Some place close where we can let our dogs out for potty. It doesn't have to be an enclosed yard or anything (though that would be great), but an easily accessible location where they can do their business.
We're good tenants with strong references. Our ideal is to find a mutually beneficial arrangement with a renter who wants reliable, honest tenants in exchange for a safe, low cost of living home. I bet we can make this work.
Always happy to talk further. Just let me know!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers