The purpose of the research study is to understand whether people's eating habits influence the risk for developing diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular disease.
Prospective research study participants must be overweight (BMI 25-60) between the ages of 18-60.
Research study details include:
- Entire study takes 1-2 weeks to complete.
- 1-3 Screening visits to determine eligibility.
- Medical screening at no cost.
- MUST Live in State of Illinois!
- Two 3-day in-hospital stays, typically separated by 1 week.
- You will have some free time when you can watch movies, listen to music, read books, and enjoy other activities.
- We will monitor your sleep with different electrodes placed on the scalp and face.
- All food/beverages will be controlled and based on a dietary preference questionnaire.